Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

DogGi - Interview



BSP Date: September 28, 2015

What is the name of your brand(s)? 

DogGi

When & where was it founded, and where is it currently headquartered? 

It was founded over a year ago in Philadelphia and now its current location is Florida

Who are the founders/current owners? 

DogGi was invented by me, Guto Braga, and I am the sole owner

Is there any significance behind the name of the brand or its logo? 

It is a martial arts Gi for dogs so the name felt like a glove --DogGi

What was the driving force (or forces) behind the founding of the brand? 

I am a 25 years BJJ practitioner, a Renzo Gracie Team black belt, and a Dog lover. So it came to me like thunder hitting my head.

What are your personal strengths / the strengths of your brand? 

I am an apparel and graphic artist for the Jiu-Jitsu world, I have a company called Bjj graphics and have been working with the big names in this industry for many years. This product was very well made and thought. It looks good, fits great and all the dogs move freely with comfort.

What was your first product produced (prototype or otherwise)? 

I had probably 5 prototypes of the DogGi made and it took almost 10 months to perfect it.

In that first year or so, what were your primary struggles in getting the brand off the ground? 

I still struggle to get the brand known worldwide. Marketing is a very tough thing to do and yet the most important.

What would you consider to be your signature or keystone item(s) to date? 

DogGi:) it's unique and awesome

What items do you also sell that people may not be aware of? 

I do designs and produce apparels such as embroidered hats, silk screen shirts and tournament trophies/medals.

Do you have anything exciting coming up in the next few months or so that you can share with us? 

I just launched DogGi Teams, with Renzo Gracie, Carlson Gracie and Ribeiro Association logos on it. Let's see how it goes.

Geographically speaking, where is your primary customer base? 

USA

A common question/concern among our members is the issue of shipping. We have found that some brands will not ship worldwide or have carved out certain countries from their territory. So if you would, please explain your shipping policy, pricing and any geographic restrictions that you have with regard to the sale of your goods. 

I sell thru Amazon and so far I'm not doing international business with them. So when I have an item sold overseas I just ship myself. Usually costs around $18.00. I already sold to Australia, Canada and England.

Do you have any sponsored athletes? If so, do you have specific criteria for selecting such athletes? 

No I don't, I have friends that put the logo on their clothes to help.

Where do you get the inspiration from in designing new gear for your brand? 

I am very creative. I have been doing this for a long time.

What differentiates you and your brand from other BJJ brands? 

My unique product

What other brands are out there that you admire? And why? 

I admire them all, we are all chasing the same dream.

Is your company direct sales only? Or do you have distributors? 

Direct only for now

Do or have you participated in tournament booths or sponsorship's of tournaments? 

No, not yet.

Any plans for future expansion? 

There are always plans, but I need to live the reality of today :)

Please tell us a little about yourself, where you grew up, your BJJ experience, home life, education, military service, etc. Anything that might help our members get to know you a little better. 

I grew up in Rio de Janeiro Brazil and I was part of the first Gracie Barra, now I live in Florida with my 2 boys ( single dad) . I have my bachelor degree in advertising and communications and I'm a Graphic designer for living.

What hobbies do you enjoy? 

Diving, surfing, shooting, snowboarding, training etc...

Do you have any pets? 

Yes an English Bulldog named Boogie

Where did you grow up and attend school (University/College)? 

Rio de Janeiro and Rio de Janeiro

Tell us a little about your background in martial arts/grappling. 

I started when i was 4 with Judo, then I did tae kwon do, Full Contact, Box Thai and at the age of 17 started Jiu jitsu



Quick Fire


These questions are designed to allow for short, one or two word answers. Oftentimes just yes or no, and from a personal perspective.

Rash Guard – Short or long sleeve?

Long

Preferred gi colorway?

White

Rash under your gi?

Sure

Spats under your gi?

No

Gi Pants – Rip Stop, Cotton Twill/Drill Cotton, or Cotton/Poly Blend?

Cotton

First gi that you owned?

Krugans

Favorite submission?

Armbar inside the guard

Last stamp on your passport?

Belize

Beer or wine?

None
Tea or coffee?

It depends on my mood

Do you wash your belt or not?

NOOOOOOOOO

Regular knot or superlock knot in belt?

Regular of course

Isle or window seat?

Isle

What is your website address? Do you have more than one? And what social media do you participate in and what are those addresses?

Website: http://originaldoggi.com/

Amazon Storefront - Click here.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/originaldoggi
Also, personal page: https://www.facebook.com/guto.braga.5

Instagram: https://instagram.com/original_doggi/

Final Thoughts

DogGi is a real work of art that was created to look cool but most important, to be comfortable to our 4 legged babies. A lot of work was put into it and it takes a lot to make it too. Thank you to all of you that support this idea. OSS !!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *